Monday, August 10, 2015

The Sky is Falling!

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY! :) After the beautiful weather on Monday, it rained almost all week! Which means 3 things... humidity, lightning and thunder storms, and mud! I couldn´t get my hair to lay flat if my life depended on it, the humidity was so high! On the bright side though, if I was thirsty and needed a drink, all I had to do was open my mouth and suck in the humidity ;) 

Thursday night, my companion and I were woken up by a major lightning and thunder storm! There were so many strikes of lightning happening at the same time that it looked as if it were daytime outside! Then, one morning while we were studying, lightning struck so close to our apartment (maybe it even struck our apartment) that the thunder made the light covering come loose and crash to the ground! Luckily, no one was harmed :) The Lord watches over His missionaries!

And the mud... I think my leg muscles are about 10 times stronger from struggling to bike through the muddy roads! It has been quite the adventure this week :) 

This quote by President Monson is pretty fitting for this week :)

"Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us.
"My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."  :)

Here are a few pictures from the week, they´re worth a thousand words ;)

1- Playing the game of strength that Joseph Smith played with his friends and family :) I won this time ;)
2- Zone picture!
3- The light cover that fell inches away from where I was studying! :O

Love you all!! Take care :) 

Hermana Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment