Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunshine in my Soul :)

What a week :) Monday we ended Pday early to go to the baptism of one of the little girls in our ward, Evelyn. She turned 8 that day and wanted to get baptized right away! My companion and I helped her prepare a few weeks before by teaching her a little more about baptism and confirmation. She´s so sweet! 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Nuñez. He asked my companion and I to read Alma 17, which is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon! If you haven´t read it recently, I encourage you all to read it :) 

Thursday I taught an English class, and on our way home to the apartment it was pouring rain! Not just a light sprinkle, POURING! We were soaked from head to toe! Luckily it wasn´t too far from home, but as we were walking, a huge strike of lightning lit up the sky right above us! I think we started running after that... but after changing out of our wet clothes and drinking something warm, we got to fall asleep listening to the rain :)

Saturday we taught another English class, and afterwards we had an activity at the church! We played volleyball out back and the weather was perfect! It was very fun, a mix of investigators, missionaries, and members (active and less active)! I loved every minute of it :)

Sunday was fast and testimony meeting, the spirit was very strong during the entire meeting! I´m still the ward "pianist" which is interesting :) We got asked to teach the Gospel Doctrines class at the last minute! Luckily, it was on service, so it wasn´t too hard to wing it :) 

Today we just relaxed, took a breath and enjoyed the sunshine :) it was a pretty good week! Take care everyone, love you all! :)

Con amor, Hermana Orgill

Photos:
1- Hermana González and I with Evelyn before her baptism :)
2- Little Evy and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment