Monday, August 31, 2015

Berazategui!

Well, my first week here in Berazatequi flew by! I have to admit, I still miss Olmos and Hermana Gonzáles! It was tough adjusting to this new area, especially because we walk everywhere! I never thought I`d actually say that I miss my trusty pink steed ;) bikes are the best! haha

Slowly but surely I am getting to know the members here. We had a Family Home Evening every night this week! The members here are amazing :) and the FOOD! I don`t think I`ve ever eaten so much in one week! I guess it`s a good thing we do a lot of walking ;)

On Sunday we had an Area Conference for the area of South America. We got to hear from Elder Cook, Sister Burton, and Elder Hales via satelite. They talked a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and missionary work! One of our investigators was there, Aldana Paz, and she is considering going on a mission now! Her baptismal date is the 12th of September!

We also got to see a miracle with a less active family, the Jancko family, that we have been visiting this week! We had dinner at their house on Friday and got to know the family a little bit: the mom and daughter (members) and the husband (non-member). The husband is really interested in learning English, so we started talking about meeting with him so I could help him learn. Then, as we were getting ready to leave, we invited them to attend the Area Conference as a family. To our surprise, the husband accepted without hesitation! Even his wife was surprised ;) and the best part is... that he kept his word! We found them at the church and got to make another appointment to visit them at home this week :) it was great! Hopefully we`ll continue seeing miracles with this family :)

Today was a very relaxed P-day, nothing too fancy :) take care everyone! Enjoy your week!! And remember to count your blessings :) 

Con amor, Hermana Orgill 

Photos:
1- Our investigator, Aldana, and her sisters!
2- Lomo Saltado con Hermana Bernal :)
3- Service project: Helping decorate for a baby shower ;) 
4- Dinner with the Jancko family!
5- My companion (Hermana Juarez) and I with Hermana Martinez and her baby girl at the Area Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment