Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! November 23, 2015






Meetings, meetings, meetings! I think I spent more time in meetings this week than I spent actually out working in the field! But it had to happen :) My new companion has arrived and she is definitely NEW! I love the spirit the new missionaries bring with them, the light in their eyes, and the new brightly colored clothes ;) My new "daughter" (as they say in the mission, I`m her "mom") is Hermana Isabel Magdaleno. She`s from Califronia, but her parents are Mexican so she already speaks quite a bit of Spanish :) She`s super sweet! And I don`t feel so short around her ;) (don`t worry, she doesn`t get offended about her height) I just love her already! It`s a little stressful training, because it`s a lot of responsability! But I know that if the Lord called me to be her trainer, He`ll provide a way for me to do it :) 

Sunday was a wonderful day!! (Except for being stuck in the apartment after 5pm because of the elections going on here.) Our investigator, Siliva, went to church again! But this time she brought 3 of her 7 sons! It was amazing to see her there with her sons, I can imagine them as an eternal family a little down the road!

Last week our Mission President challenged us to read the Book Of Mormon, cover-to-cover before the New Year, focusing on the blessings that Heavenly Father has prepared for us. Ever since I started the challenge, I`ve been able to pick out so many new things from chapters I felt like I knew so well! So I want to share one of them that is found in 1 Nephi 5:9-10. In the chapters before that, Nephi and his brothers are commanded to go and obtain the brass plates. They try 3 times, suffering many afflictions and almost being killed in the attempt, but at last they succeed! They take the plates to their father in the wilderness, and what`s the first thing they all do? They GIVE THANKS to the Lord! When I read those verses (1 Nephi 5:9-10) it made me think about the importance of giving thanks. If Nephi and his family gave thanks before reading the book that they were sent so far away to get (something I`m not sure I could have done), almost losing their lives on the way, how important it is for us to give thanks to the Lord for the many blessings He sends us! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and remembers to count their blessings :)  

Love you all!!

Hermana Orgill

Photos:
1- Hermana Magdaleno and I :) her 1st day! 
2- Happy Thanksgiving!
3- Happy Birthday to the sweetest Hermanita Alda Paz :) 
4- Family History activity in Berazategui!
5- Selfie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment