Monday, December 8, 2014

I´m not in Kansas anymore!!

Argentina!! Woot woot! I made it through my first week on the mission field! It was a looong week, but I´m excited to be here! After the long 10 hour flight to Buenos Aires, I got to meet my mission president and his wife. They are amazing! They fed us a wonderful lunch of empanadas and pizza, Argentina style! Dulce de leche is the best by the way!!
​My new companera, Hermana Silva, is the sweetest! She´s from Brazil and only speaks Spanish and Portuguese, which is an adventure in itself ;) Sometimes it´s tough to communicate, but we´re surviving! I hardly understand anything anyone says here! I just smile and nod most of the time :) but it´s great to finally be here!
Argentina is very different, it´s a whole new world! There are dogs everywhere, and it´s super hot and humid! But we still stay positive, we have a joyous message to share with anyone who will listen! :) life is good! We have quite a few investigators, two of whom have committed to baptism, and our members here are la bomba!! Being a missionary is definitely a challenge, but it´s worth it!! :)

I love you all! Stay safe!

Con mucho amor, Hermana Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment