Monday, September 7, 2015

Faith brings miracles :)

What a busy week! :) 

After our District Meeting on Tuesday, a bunch of us went to a nearby Buffet for lunch! It was delicious! One of those "don`t put your elbows on the table, folded up napkin on your lap" kind of places :) The BBQ was delicious, the empanadas even better, and don`t even get me started about the desserts! (Don`t ask about the price... sorry mom ;) )

On Wednesday, I had my first Leadership Meeting with President Nuñez. It was really good, President Nuñez really knows how to motivate his missionaries! I left that meeting 100% committed to give my all during the entire week, which is exactly what my companion and I did! It was great! We contacted more people than I can count! I couldn`t be more satisfied and exhausted at the same time :)

Then our miracle of the week happened! We ate lunch with the Bishop and his family on Thursday, and while we were eating, we were talking about one of our investigators, Aldana. Aldana had her baptismal date for the end of this month because of a few minor problems, but she was beyond ready to be baptized! So we, along with the Bishop, felt like we should bring up the idea to move her baptism to that Saturday. At first I thought it would never work because it was such late notice, but then I remembered the scripture in Ether 12:12, that God can do no miracle among the children of men if they don`t have FAITH. So we said a little prayer in our hearts aaand... Aldana decided that she felt ready to be baptized that Saturday. Therefore, my testimony was strengthed and I know without a doubt that faith brings miracles :) The baptism was very spiritual and, even though I didn`t get the chance to help Aldana prepare much since I just got to this area, it was a blessing to be able to see her get baptized and confirmed. She has such a big heart, I know she is going to do amazing things in this ward, Berazategui :)

Love you all! Take care :)

Con amor, Hermana Orgill

Photos:
1- Hermana Juarez, Aldana, and I at Aldana`s baptism :)
2- The 4 Hermanas at our Zone Activity today- a picnic, volleyball, and kickball!
3- Leadership meeting with my Hermanita Glazier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment