Monday, September 14, 2015

Every Member a Missionary :)

What a week of miracles! 

One of our investigators, Nicolas, finally accepted a baptismal date after many failed attempts. He never felt ready to commit because he has a problem to take care of before he can get baptized, but during a lesson with him we felt prompted to invite him to baptism again. At first he said no, but then the member couple that was with us shared their testimonies and the spirit hit Nicolas like a brick wall. He is such a great man, I know that the Savior is preparing him more and more each day! I learned a great lesson about the importance of members and missionary work that day! 

Then, we were walking down the street one day, and Hermana Juarez pulled me up to a blonde haired lady and told me to start speaking in English because she was a reference of one of the members in our ward, but that she only speaks English. So, with a bit of effort, I got to know her and we made an appointment to visit her at her house. Her name is Ruth and she moved here from England about 3 years ago, but still doesn`t know very much Spanish. I`ll be teaching my first lesson in English this week, that will be an adventure! :) 

We also had Stake Conference on Sunday. President Nuñez and hs wife spoke, as well as Elder Nicolas di Giovanni, of the Seventy I believe. They shared a few amazing experiences. They talked about how the Sabbath day should be a delight and how that there is no retirement age for the Lord`s work. They also talked a lot about magnifying our callings in the church! I loved every second of it :) 

Well, that`s all I have time to share this week! Here`s a great quote that my Grandma sent me this week, hopefully it can brighten your day :)

"Let us live the gospel.  Let it shine in our lives.  Let it shine in our faces.  Let it come through our actions.  Live the gospel.  Look to God and live."    -President Gordon B. Hinckley 

Love you all! Take care :)

Con amor, Hermana Orgill

Photos:
1- The Hermanas in my Zone :)
2- Roasting Marshmallows! I`m a little out of practice ;)
3- Zone Conference: Hermana Sanchez, Hermana Wood, Hermana Juarez, and I.
4- Selfie at Stake Conference with President Nuñez`s son, Ignacio :) look at that bowtie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment